Monday, January 3, 2011

And this kiddies... Is why you don't drink and drive.

To make a super long story short this is a picture of a vehicle that ran into my house on November 19, 2010 just before 3am.  The driver fled on foot and reported his vehicle stolen several hours later.  What you cannot see is my husband's 1967 Ford Galaxie 500 in the garage.  It sustained severe damage.

On impact it pushed the Galaxie into the wall connecting to my kitchen pushing the cabinets away from the wall and leaving a gaping hole. 

Luckily my childrens rooms are on the other side of the house and they never heard a thing.  Keep in mind that my husband is deployed and I have had to handle most of the situation on my own, he has handled as much as he possibly can on his end. 

The officer who responded said he could smell alcohol as soon as he opened the door meaning the driver had to have been intoxicated. 

So next time you even think about drinking and driving, remember this picture.  I am thanking my lucky stars that this wasn't on the other end of the house.

This is my definition of "deployment luck."

No comments:

Post a Comment